Through industry and financial assistance, the aim of the Founder’s Scholarship is to support one promising, upcoming actor with a secure pathway to pursue their dream.
What is the Founder’s Scholarship?
The Screenwise Founder’s Scholarship was created to discover and support the next generation of great Australian actors of tomorrow. Through industry and financial assistance, the aim of the Founder’s Scholarship is to support participation for those in communities with significant barriers. Screenwise and its Founder and CEO Denise Roberts seek to do their part as one of Australia’s key benefactors behind Australia’s Screen Acting Industry by offering extensive support to one of Australia’s most talented and promising upcoming actors.
What does the Founder’s Scholarship offer?
The Screenwise Founder’s Scholarship offers one successful applicant a two-year full-time scholarship to study the 10869NAT Advanced Diploma of Screen Acting. In addition to full subsidisation of tuition fees, the applicant will receive extended mentoring from Screenwise Founder and CEO Denise Roberts throughout their studies.
The Founder’s Scholarship, valued at $35,000 covers tuition fees for the 10869NAT Advanced Diploma Screen Acting Program as well as the production of the Scholarship recipient’s Showreel and Industry Graduation Showcase.
How do I apply for the Founder’s Scholarship?
What will you need:
- A personal statement, 3-4 paragraphs long, outlining who you are, why you’d like to pursue acting as a career, and what opportunity you feel the Founder’s Scholarship would grant you that you otherwise would not have.
- A letter of reference from a respected figure who knows you in a community you are a part of, such as a school teacher, community leader, or employer.
- A brief outline of your financial circumstances including monthly income and expenses, and current savings.
- You will also need to have completed and paid for your application to the Advanced Diploma of Screen Acting through the application form.
- Australian Citizenship, the Founder’s Scholarship is only available to Australian citizens.
Once the above items have been collated, click apply now to submit your entry.
APPLICATIONS WILL CLOSE NOVEMBER 30TH.