A proven launch pad for actors
A one-year, part-time course offering students a toolkit for professional screen acting and culminates in the production of two professionally shot showreel scenes.
Book an audition today
The Showreel Course is a one-year, part-time course offering students a toolkit for professional screen acting training and a state-of-the-art showreel. With the Screenwise Screenwise Showreel Course graduates are equipped not just with a professionally shot showreel but also with the skills to showcase their calibre and versatility as an actor during auditions and screen tests.
Structure & Curriculum
- Learn to open the channels of communication, broadening range and developing the voice.
- Explore the fundamentals of screen acting; improvisation, relationship and emotional articulation.
- Develop an on screen personal presence and self-awareness through screen script analysis.
- Voice and standard accent development to professional and industry standards.
- Work with given circumstances, actions, intentions and objectives to examine character motivation.
- Understand the important role that performance plays in delivering a clear, communicative and impactful message to an audience.
- Confident application of voice and movement effectively in scene work.
- Refine screen acting technicals through the use of blocking, props and continuity.
- Explore scene compilation and begin rehearsals for showreel shoot.
- Production of showreel on location with 2 contrasting scenes professionally produced, shot, edited and directed.
- Confident application of audition and screen test techniques.
- Workshop with current Casting Director to expose the expected etiquette of auditions and casting calls.
- Networking and self-marketing skills for actors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Green Screen (CGI).
- A proficient understand of the industry and its key players.
- Showreel DVD compilation and Industry recognised Certificate upon completion.
The Screenwise Showreel Course has two intakes per year commencing in February and July, running over 4 x 10 week terms. Subject to availability successful applicants may choose either one full weekday class or two evening classes per week:
- Day class: One full day, 10:00am – 5:00pm, OR,
- Evening class: Two evenings per week, 6:30pm – 9:30pm.
A Proven Career
Kick-start your career
The Showreel Course is is one of our most popular courses, offering students hands-on screen acting training and a professionally shot showreel on completion.
The course cost is all-inclusive and covers tuition, and on-location shoot with professional directors and crew, post-production costs in the production of a high-resolution digital showreel.
The course is ideal for students who are serious about acting and seek a high-intensity, challenging, part-time, year-long acting course.
Every actor needs a showreel. A showreel is a short video that showcases your best acting work so casting directors and agents can get a feel for who you are as an actor. Actors looking to start their careers often approach companies to shoot a showreel for them. But without the proper guidance and training a showreel can only get you so far.
Students leave the Screenwise Showreel Course with not just professionally shot showreel scenes, but also a year’s worth of training in screen acting techniques, technical skills and how to navigate the industry, including how to approach agents and work with casting professionals.
During their time in the Showreel Course, students are also considered to be put up for professional roles in the Film & Television industry gaining valuable experience with professional guidance from Screenwise. Showreel Course students have scored roles in Underbelly, Crownies, Packed To The Rafters and countless TV Commercials while studying at Screenwise.
Applicants must apply online via the application form on the Screenwise website. You will need the following:
- Photo ID
- A Visa card or Mastercard to pay the $55 application fee.
Applicants are asked to prepare a 30 second Film/ TV Monologue of their choice as-well as a Film/TV Scene chosen by Screenwise. The Scene chosen by Screenwise will be provided to applicants once their audition time is confirmed so that they can adequately prepare.
Perform your 30 second Film/ TV Monologue of choice as-well as a Film/TV Scene chosen by Screenwise in front of an industry panel. The audition process is designed to provide a learning experience to all applicants as well as to satisfy that the course is suitable to their needs.
Students may choose either one full weekday class or two evening classes per week. Applicants may note their class preference at the audition however places are only confirmed once the deposit is received in full and on a first come, first serve basis until classes are filled. Entry is by audition only.
Should you be successful an offer will be made within a short period post-audition.
The Screenwise Showreel Course includes a year worth of part-time training culminating in the production of professionally shot showreel scenes.
The Screenwise Showreel Course is the best in the industry, covering foundational acting methodology and skills training working with industry professionals who can guide you in navigating the early stages of your acting career while setting you up with the foundational skills you’ll need to succeed.
The Screenwise Showreel Course run for 12 months part time.
The Screenwise Showreel Course is taught by working actors and directors equipped with the latest skills and embedded in the industry. Showreel Scenes are shot by working industry directors. Also students of the Showreel course may be put up for appropriate small roles within the industry to gain experience while they study.
To find the latest course fees for the Showreel Course please download the Showreel Course Booklet by completing the form at the bottom of this page.
A showreel is an essential part of an actors life, a Showreel offers industry casting professionals and agents insight into your appearance and capabilities as an actor and will showcase the best of what you have to offer when you seek work as an actor.