Founder’s Acting Scholarship
The Screenwise Founder’s Scholarship
The opportunity to access quality skills training as a screen actor in Australia has become increasingly difficult to access. Economically and socially disadvantaged students are most affected, and will be faced with numerous barriers in pursuit of a career as a professional Film and TV Actor. Many young and talented Australian actors may never achieve their goals as a consequence. Somewhere across our nation another Hemsworth or Kidman may never reach their potential as a professional Film and TV Actor. The question remains, what can our industry leaders do to ensure that Australian Film and TV Actors continue to thrive on local and international screens?
Applications for the Screenwise Founder’s Scholarship 2024 are now closed.
What you’ll need to apply:
- A personal statement, 3-4 paragraphs long, outlining who you are, why you’d like to pursue acting as a career, and what opportunity you feel the Founder’s Scholarship would grant you that you otherwise would not have.
- A letter of reference from a respected figure who knows you in a community you are a part of, such as a school teacher, community leader, or employer.
- A brief outline of your financial circumstances including monthly income and expenses, and current savings.
- You will also need to have completed and paid for your application to the Advanced Diploma of Screen Acting through the application form.
- Australian Citizenship, the Founder’s Scholarship is only available to Australian citizens.
Please note: You must apply for the Founders Scholarship BEFORE YOU AUDITION for the Advanced Diploma of Screen Acting. The scholarship application will be considered at the time of audition.
Presenting the Screenwise Founder’s Scholarship
Screenwise and its Founder and CEO Denise Roberts sought to do their part as one of Australia’s key benefactors behind Australia’s Screen Acting Industry today by offering educational support to one of Australia’s most talented and promising actors year-on-year. The Screenwise Founder’s Scholarship was realised as our pledge to discover and support the next generation of great Australian actors of tomorrow.
Screenwise has dedicated over two decades of screen acting training and has facilitated thousands of actors at our studios. Numerous Screenwise Alumni have continued on towards great success in Australia and across the globe throughout that time. The Founder’s Scholarship is a tribute that honours all of our students who have shared our passion for our Film and Television industry, and a promise to tomorrow’s next great Australian actor.
What does the Screenwise Founder’s Scholarship offer?
The Screenwise Founder’s Scholarship offers one two-year full-time scholarship to study the 10869NAT Advanced Diploma of Screen Acting. Valued at $38,000 The Founder’s Scholarship covers tuition fees for the 10869NAT Advanced Diploma Screen Acting Program over the complete course of two years. Tuition Fees also include production of the Scholarship recipient’s Showreel and Industry Graduation Showcase upon completion of the program. In addition to full subsidisation of tuition fees, the successful applicant will receive extended mentoring from Screenwise Founder and CEO Denise Roberts throughout their studies. *Terms and Conditions