1. What is the Difference between The Showreel Course and the Diploma of Screen Acting?
The Showreel Course has a high appeal to students who are serious about acting and seek a high intensity, challenging part-time year long acting course. The Diploma of Screen Acting in comparison is a Two-Year, Full-Time creative and technical screen acting program.
2. Can I have an agent while studying?
Students are welcome to have agent representation while studying at Screenwise – networking and industry experience while studying is beneficial to raising Students profiles.
At Screenwise we have a number of professional and independent work that comes through daily. If a student is not represented by an agent and is fit to meet the profile and demands of a casting brief, the office will submit them for professional work as well.
4. Can I work or study full time while completing the course?
Yes. The Showreel course is specifically designed for people who still want to make a break in the Film & TV industry but don’t have the time to attend the formal full time training such as our Diploma of Screen Acting.
5. What is the audition process?
Once the audition payment is confirmed Screenwise will provide you with a date and time to attend. Applicants must prepare the following to perform to camera within the audition:
- Prepared Film/TV monologue 30 seconds in length (Applicants choice).
- Prepared Film/TV scene (Screenwise choice).
If the applicant is unable to attend face to face, an online submission can be arranged.