Advanced Diploma of Screen Acting Key Dates
|1st Sep 2021||Applications Open for the 10869NAT Advanced Diploma of Screen Acting 2022 intake.
If you are offered a callback audition and are unable to attend due to geographic limitations (Eg. being located interstate) you will be given the opportunity to attend your callback audition via Zoom.
Register your interest here
|FEB 2022||10869NAT Advanced Diploma of Screen Acting Commences|
Applicants must submit:
- A completed course application form.
- A recording of a 1 minute Film or TV monologue of their choice on in electronic format – Uploaded weblink (Youtube, Vimeo) or USB by Post (Please refer to FAQ in regards to performance criteria submission) We recommend not to get too caught up in finding the perfect scene, the key element that we are looking for at this stage of the application process is that you have a passion for acting.
- Application handling fee of $66. Late applications after the 30th November are accepted subject to availability and will attract a $20 late application fee.
This can be completed online via the the apply now link below or can be submitted in hardcopy to Screenwise direct.
From this initial submission successful applicants will be invited to the second stage of the audition process – The call back audition. A date and time will be allocated, and the applicants will prepare and perform their audition material on-camera before a panel of assessors.
If you are offered a callback audition and are unable to attend due to geographic limitations (Eg being located interstate) you will be given the opportunity to do your callback audition via Skype.
The call back audition:
- An additional 1 minute Film or TV monologue performed live to camera or by video conference (Zoom).
- A two-hander Film or TV scene supplied by Screenwise
To be eligible for the Advanced Diploma of Screen Acting, applicants must have:
- Reached the age of 18 years at course commencement
- A sound foundation knowledge of English grammar and syntax
- A clear speaking voice, free of substantial vocal damage or speech defects
- A good level of fitness
- Ability to interact constructively with others in a film/TV set
- Some natural capacity to claim a fictional circumstance, thought or action as if their own
- A strong interest in and motivation to become a professional actor
- Ability to respond to instruction and accept constructive criticism
- Financial capacity to meet the course requirements
The audition process is designed to provide a learning experience to all applicants as well as to satisfy that the course is suitable.
*PLEASE NOTE: Screenwise does not keep or return CD’s, DVD’s or portfolio’s sent in with applications, so please ensure you do not send us your originals.