Applicants must submit:
- A completed course application form.
- A recording of a 1 minute Film or TV monologue of their choice on DVD or by electronic format (Please refer to FAQ in regards to performance criteria submission).
- Application handling fee of $66. Late applications are accepted subject to availability and will attract a $20 late application fee.
This can be completed online via the the apply now link below or can be submitted in hardcopy to Screenwise direct.
From this initial submission successful applicants will be invited to the second stage of the audition process. A date and time will be allocated, and the applicants will prepare and perform their audition material on-camera before a panel of assessors.
The call back audition:
- An additional 1 minute Film or TV monologue performed live to camera or by video conference
- A two-hander Film or TV scene supplied by Screenwise
To be eligible for the Diploma of Screen Acting, applicants must have:
- Reached the age of 18 years at course commencement
- A sound foundation knowledge of English grammar and syntax
- A clear speaking voice, free of substantial vocal damage or speech defects
- A good level of fitness
- Ability to interact constructively with others in a film/TV set
- Some natural capacity to claim a fictional circumstance, thought or action as if their own
- A strong interest in and motivation to become a professional actor
- Ability to respond to instruction and accept constructive criticism
- In the case of International Students, evidence of International English Language Test Scores (IELTS) of 5.5, or equivalent
- Financial capacity to meet the course requirements
The audition process is designed to provide a learning experience to all applicants as well as to satisfy that the course is suitable.
*PLEASE NOTE: Screenwise does not keep or return CD’s, DVD’s or portfolio’s sent in with applications, so please ensure you do not send us your originals.